Home Made Cooking Classes
Learn to Cook Home Made Turkish Food from Local Housewife in Istanbul.
Istanbul is one of the most interesting city in the world that connects east and west. When this happens it influences many things in daily life.. In the nature of this, we have a very developed food culture in istanbul. We have many restaurants and you can see a nice variety but for the Turkish people, best turkish food is the one that we eat at home.
In this workshop, we will take you inside a local home and teach you how to make Turkish Home Cooking in istanbul in a local house located in Uskudar.
Tour Programme ;
We will meet you in your hotel lobby ( If you are staying in city center hotel ). Then we will go to the harbour and take the ferry in Uskudar. After a nice ferry ride, we arrive to Uskudar area. In Uskudar we will visit the local market and buy the materials that we will for our cooking lesson.
After we provide the fresh materials, we will go to our local home and meet with our chef. She will greet us and first we will drink turkish tea or coffe and after that we will wash our hands and start cooking.
During the cooking class we will prepare seasonal foods and make 4-5 course local turkish home made food including a sweet.
When the food is ready, we will prepare the table and enjoy the foods that we prepared together. After that we will take you back to your hotel.
P.S : On your return, if you like, we can also take you to the Spice Market and local markets in Eminonu Area.
- The workshop is available Everyday. Meeting time is flexible soo you can tell us the time you prefer.. We can suggest 10:30 or afternoon 16:00. We can pick you up from your hotel or meet in a central location near sultanahmet.
- Duration is app. 4 Hours. In order to have a quality service, we make this workshop with max. of 4 people.
- If you are vegetarian or have dietary restrictions or food allergy, please modify us and we can make the adjustments accordingly.
Workshop Highlights ;
- Learn the real home made Turkish Food from the locals.
- Visit Asian Side, Uskudar Area, See istanbul on the ferry.
- Visit the local markets and learn about spices, food and materials we use in turkish cooking.
- Join the hands on cooking class in a Turkish house and learn about cooking cluture.
- Learn to make 4-5 course turkish home made food and get the recipes.
- Have a big smile, a good mood and a full stomach on the way to your hotel.